Grilled and crispy wings tossed in a spicy parmesan garlic butter sauce.
Wings should be their own food group. I just love them so much and there are so many ways you can prepare them. For me grilled wings are king and these spicy garlic parmesan wings are so dang good! In this recipe I will break down what you need to make crispy wings and this spicy garlic parm sauce that is just the best.
What you need to make spicy garlic parmesan wings
- Chicken wings– Opt for fresh and not frozen wings
- Cornstarch– Helps get the skin crispy
- Poultry and Italian seasoning– You can also use a bbq rub or salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Butter– Will make the sauce rich and velvety
- Garlic and Parmesan Cheese– The stars of the show- really help give tons of savory flavor
- Cholula hot sauce– Great for adding a spicy kick
How to get crispy chicken skin
To get crispy chicken skin I like to use cornstarch when seasoning my wings. The cornstarch helps pull the moisture out of the wings and helps crisp them up. Also grilling your wings on high heat will help tighten the skin and prevent them from becoming rubbery.
Seasoning and grilling chicken wings
To season my wings and get them ready to grill, I like to place them all into a bowl first. Next, I drizzle on a light coating of olive oil and poultry seasoning, followed by cornstarch. Then, I mix everything together in the bowl to make sure the chicken is evenly coated. Add more poultry seasoning if need be.
Fire up your grill to medium heat to start and flip them back and forth as needed.
If you want to add a few wood chips for some smoke flavor, thats always a good idea. I personally like cherry or pecan wood on my wings, but use whatever you like! To finish I make sure my grill is hot to give the wings a good char.
Once the wings are at least 165°F they are safe to eat, however I cook my wings to an internal temperature of 185°F. As always a good instant read thermometer is key to ensure your food is properly cooked.
Making the spicy garlic parmesan sauce
Making the sauce for the wings is really simple. Melt unsalted butter in a pan on medium heat. Then add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Then add shredded Parmesan Cheese, Cholula hot sauce and Italian seasoning. Give everything a good stir to combine.
After the sauce is made, pour it over your wings and toss in a bowl.
Garnish with fresh parsley and some more Parmesan Cheese. Then serve immediately.
These spicy garlic parmesan wings are crispy, juicy, savory and full of flavor. The addition of hot sauce gives these classic wings a zip that leaves you wanting more after each bite. These bad boys are addictive and delicious. They are everything you want in a wing and definitely in my top 5!Print
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 1–2 tablespoons poultry rub (Or bbq seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon Cholula hot sauce (Or your favorite)
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (garnish)
- Place your wings into a bowl and drizzle on olive oil. Then season with poultry rub and cornstarch
- Mix wings with seasoning until they are evenly coated. Add more seasoning as needed to coat the wings.
- Place wings on a grill on medium high heat (about 350°F). Flip them back and forth to get grill marks on both sides and to get a nice char.
- Once the wings are close to being done (at least 165°F) increase the heat and finish cooking them to crisp up the skin. I like to cook my wings until an internal temperature of 185°F.
- Remove wings from the grill and set aside. Then start working on the sauce.
- In a pan on medium heat, add butter and minced garlic. Cook until garlic is fragrant and lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
- Next add parmesan cheese, hot sauce and Italian seasoning. Stir together to combine well and remove off the heat.
- Toss wings with the sauce, then garnish with chopped parsley and more Parmesan Cheese.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken wings, parmesan garlic wings, spicy garlic wings