- 2–3 pound slab pork belly
- 2 tablespoons bbq seasoning
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes prior to using.
- Cut pork belly into 1 inch thick slices and roll into a pinwheel.
- Skewer each pork belly pinwheel so it looks like a lollipop. The skewer should go through the bottom and out of the top to hold everything together.
- Smoke pork belly pinwheels at 250°F for 3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 175°F.
- Prepare the glaze in the mean time by combining orange juice, maple syrup, bourbon and brown sugar in a small pot on medium heat. Once to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes until sauce has thickened. (The glaze will thicken some as it cools. If needed to thicken further, whisk in 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar)
- Glaze pork belly pinwheels by brushing them on each one while they are on the smoker. Make sure you flip the pinwheels to get both sides and continue to brush on a few coats of the glaze for the last hour. Once the pork belly reaches 200°F internal remove from the heat, brush glaze one more time and serve.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 hours
- Category: Main
- Method: Smoking
- Cuisine: BBQ
Keywords: pork belly pinwheels, porkbelly pinwheels, pork belly lollipops, pork belly with maple bourbon glaze, pork belly on a stick, pork belly skewers