This marry me chicken recipe will have you saying I DO! With the perfect balance of creamy and savory, this dish is super satisfying and addictive. I start with grilled chicken breast and top it off with that delicious sauce that is rich, creamy, and packed with flavor. Serve it with pasta, rice, or your favorite side, this one pulls out all the stops and I’m glad you’re here for it!
What is marry me chicken?
No one really knows where the name marry me chicken first came from. I’d like to think some guy came up with this amazing recipe, served it to his girlfriend, and instantly they fell in love.. I don’t know really, but what I can tell you is it’s super good. The combination of this creamy sauce made with sun-dried tomatoes and Parmesan cheese will have you coming back for seconds and thirds.
Ingredients you will need.
Grilling the chicken.
Now you don’t have to grill the chicken but anytime I get a chance to use my grill, I’m going to do it! I just think you get so much more flavor out of proteins when cooked this way. I highly recommend it. However, if you don’t have a grill, you can pan sear the chicken in a cast iron pan and you will get great results too.
How to make marry me chicken.
First season your chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder. If the chicken breasts are too thick, feel free to split them in half to reduce the cooking time. You can also use my easy chicken dry rub recipe! Its a game changer.
Preheat your grill to about 350°F and grill your chicken breast until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F. I like to use my Thermopro Tempspike to monitor the internal temperature so my chicken is perfectly cooked every time.
Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest while you make the sauce. Having all of your ingredients measured out and ready to go make assembling the sauce quick and effortless.
In a pan, melt butter and sauté minced garlic and sun dried tomatoes for a minute or two on medium low heat. Then add chicken broth, heavy cream, Parmesan Cheese and seasoning like red pepper flakes, oregano and thyme. Stir everything to combine and reduce on low heat for a few minutes until the sauce starts to thicken. If you need the sauce to be a little thicker, whisk in a tablespoon of flour at a time until it is your desired thickness.
Once the sauce is finished, slice up your chicken breast and serve everything together. The saucier the better! Serve some bread on the side to mop up all the extra and dig in! I love to serve marry me chicken with pasta or rice as it goes great together. Like the perfect marriage!
What to serve this dish with.
Of course this dish would be great with just the chicken and the marry me sauce, but I love to serve it along side pasta for a more complete meal. I pour that sauce over everything including the pasta. It’s also great on top of rice or grilled veggies. However you do it, you won’t be disappointed!
If you liked this recipe, check these out:Print
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Season your chicken breast with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Preheat your grill to 350°F and grill chicken breast until they reach an internal temperature of 165°.
- Set chicken aside and while it rests, assemble the sauce.
- Preheat your pan on medium low heat add olive oil and butter . Once the butter has melted sauté minced garlic and chopped sun dried tomatoes for a minute or two until the garlic is fragrant and ingredients are sizzling in the pan.
- Then add heavy cream, chicken broth, shredded Parmesan Cheese and seasoning (red pepper flakes, oregano, thyme). Stir that together well to incorporate. Turn down the heat to low and reduce for a few minutes.
- Continue reducing sauce until it gets thicker and whisk in a little flour (1 tablespoon at a time) if needed to thicken.
- Slice your chicken breast, add back to the sauce and serve together with pasta or rice if desired.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Marry me chicken, Marry me sauce, Marry me grilled chicken,