- 1 whole ham
- 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons of an all purpose bbq rub or homemade
Orange maple bourbon glaze
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- Fill your wood chip tray with your favorite wood chips as well as the water reservoir with water. Preheat your electric smoker between 225-250°F.
- Score the top of your ham by making a crosshatch pattern with your knife. Apply Dijon mustard binder to ham and cover with bbq rub.
- Smoke your ham until it gets to an internal temperature of 140°F. Fill chip tray with more wood chips and water reservoir with water as needed (About every 30-40 minutes).
- Make the glaze for the ham by combining all of the ingredients together in a small pot on medium heat. Once to a boil reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes until the glaze has thickened. The glaze will thicken more as it cools. (If needed to thicken further whisk in 1-2 tablespoons of powdered sugar until your desired consistency).
- Once the ham is at 130°F internally start to brush the glaze onto the ham. Make sure you get a nice even coating on the top and sides.
- Remove the ham from the smoker when it reaches 140°F and let it rest for 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with additional glaze if desired.