All photos for this recipe are from Erin Hungsberg (IG: erin_hungsberg)
Homemade remoulade sauce is super easy to make and works great as a condiment or dipping sauce. I use it on my Grilled Shrimp Po Boys and recently found that it makes the best dipping sauce for chicken tenders and French fries. Whether you are a fan of Cajun flavors or not, this is one sauce that everybody will love!
Ingredients you need for remoulade sauce
- Brown mustard or creole mustard
- Apple cider vinegar
- Cajun seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- Prepared horseradish
- Hot sauce (Preferably a vinegar based like Tabasco)
- Garlic paste (Can sub with garlic powder)
What can you use remoulade sauce with?
The most popular recipe that uses remoulade sauce is shrimp po boys. I have a great recipe here. Again you can use it as a dipping sauce with chicken, French fries and even with burgers. It’s also great with crab cakes and fried green tomatoes.
How to make homemade remoulade sauce.
To make homemade remoulade sauce combine all of the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl and whisk together to combine.
If the sauce is too thick, thin it out with a little more apple cider vinegar. If too thin, add a little more mayonnaise.
How to store:
Store the remoulade sauce in an air tight container like a mason jar in your refrigerator. The sauce should last for 2-3 weeks if not a little longer.
If you like Cajun recipes check these out:Print
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (Like Tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic paste (Can use garlic powder)
- Whisk all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl to combine.
- Store and refrigerate in an airtight container.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Cajun
Keywords: Remoulade, remoulade sauce, homemade remoulade sauce, homemade remoulade, how to make remoulade