Photos for this recipe are from Erin Hungsberg (IG: erin_hungsberg)
I’ve finally made the perfectly balanced beef rub. With savory notes of smoked paprika, onion, garlic powder and a touch of sweetness from the brown sugar, this homemade beef rub is a winner. Use it on beef ribs, steak, chuck roast, brisket or any piece of meat you can get your hands on!
How to make homemade beef rub
To make this rub simply combine the following seasonings together. Smoked paprika, dry mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, ground black pepper, dark brown sugar.
Store the rub in an airtight container like a mason jar and it should be good for 2-3 weeks at least.
Recipes to try use the beef rub on:Print
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- Add all ingredients into a bowl and mix together until fully incorporated.
- Store in an airtight mason jar for 2-3 weeks and use as needed.