Calling all pickle lovers, this fried pickle dip with smoked cream cheese is an all time favorite. The fresh dill pickles give a tangy bite, the panko crumbs provide the fried crunch, and the smoked cream cheese rounds it all out. This delicious dip can be served at tailgates, cookouts, holidays and pretty much anytime you are in the mood.
How to make fried dill pickle dip.
First score and season your cream cheese with your favorite bbq rub or use my homemade bbq seasoning. I smoke my cream cheese at 225 degrees for 2 hours.
If you don’t have a smoker or the time to smoke cream cheese, you can let the cream cheese come to room temperature so it’s nice and soft. Then just season with bbq seasoning as you are assembling the dip.
Next heat up a pan on medium heat and melt some butter. Add panko bread crumbs in the pan and continue to stir for a few minutes until the panko is golden brown. This will go in the dip as well as serve as a topping.
Into a mixing bowl add the following ingredients together: smoked or room temp cream cheese, sour cream, panko, chopped dill, finely shredded cheese, your favorite dill pickle diced, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix everything together until well incorporated.
Finish the dip by topping it with more panko bread crumbs, chopped dill, and chopped pickles. Serve with your favorite potato chips and enjoy! This is a creamy dip that is the perfect appetizer or game day snack!Print
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 8 0z cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or colby jack
- 1 cup diced dill pickles
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose bbq rub
- Thick cut potato chips for dipping
- If smoking cream cheese, score the top in a cross hatch pattern with a knife and then season top and sides with an all purpose bbq rub. If not smoking the cream cheese, let it sit out until it gets to room temperature and soft.
- Dice 1 cup of dill pickles and brown panko bread crumbs in a pan on medium heat with 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Stir panko bread crumbs occasionally in pan and remove once they are golden brown.
- In a medium sized bowl combine 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, 8 ozs of smoked or softened cream cheese, 1 cup shredded cheese, 2/3 cup diced dill pickles, 1 tablespoon chopped dill, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon onion powder. Mix together well to incorporate.
- Top dip with remaining dill, pickles and panko breadcrumbs. Serve with potato chips and enjoy! This dip can be eaten at room temp or refrigerated.
- Category: Appetizer
Keywords: fried pickled dip, fried pickle dip with smoked cream cheese, pickle dip, tangy fried pickle dip, fried pickles