These easy baked cranberry ham and cheese sliders combine the sweet tartness of cranberry sauce with savory ham and creamy melted provolone cheese, all sandwiched between two soft and fluffy buns with a sweet buttery glaze. Perfect for a light lunch, a quick snack, or even an easy appetizer for your next get-together, this easy recipe will make it hard for you to go back to any other slider.
I can’t stress enough how easy and delicious these sliders are that you just can’t go wrong with them. All you need are six simple ingredients and 30 minutes of prep and cook time. It’s my favorite way to use up your leftover cranberry sauce and ham from the holidays, and everything else is most likely in your pantry or can be easily picked up at the grocery store.
Why you need to make these cranberry ham and cheese sliders
- Quick and easy to make: It’s so easy to throw these sliders together, making them perfect for busy weeknights or when you have unexpected guests. Prepare the ingredients, spread them on the sweet rolls, and bake in the oven for 15 minutes or so. This is one of the easiest slider recipes you can make ever!
- Unique flavor combination: Ham and cheese is a classic combination, but adding cranberry sauce gives these sliders a unique sweet and savory combo. The tartness of the cranberry sauce is the perfect contrast to the saltiness of the deli ham and the richness of the cheese. Plus, the shiny butter-sugar glaze on top of the buns adds just enough crisp for extra texture.
- Perfect for a crowd: These bite-sized cranberry ham sliders are the perfect finger foods if you’re hosting a party, having friends over, or just looking for a snack to share. The ingredients are so affordable, and it’s a great way to use holiday leftovers to save some cash. It’s also super easy to double or triple the recipe to feed more people, and the best part is no matter how much you make, I’m sure you won’t have to worry about leftovers!
Ingredients you need for these sliders
Hawaiian rolls (or dinner rolls)
Powdered sugar (optional)
How to make these cranberry ham and cheese sliders
When I say these sliders are easy to make, I mean it! It’s so simple that you’ll have a batch of these delicious mini sandwiches in less than 20 minutes. All you need are slider buns, sliced deli or leftover ham, provolone cheese slices or any cheese of your choice, store-bought cranberry sauce or your homemade version, some butter, and brown sugar.
To start, preheat your oven to 350 degrees while you assemble the ingredients. Slice the sweet Hawaiian rolls lengthwise and add a layer of provolone cheese to the very bottom.
Then spread a generous amount of tart cranberry sauce on the bottom half of the rolls.
Next, top the bottom rolls with slices of ham and provolone cheese, and then bring the top half of the rolls over to cover everything.
Feel free to use your Thanksgiving leftovers to make some mini turkey sandwiches with cranberry sauce. Making a whole new meal out of leftovers just feels so good (for the wallet too)!
Now, it’s time to give the sliders a special touch. In a small bowl, mix some melted butter and brown sugar until well combined. Using a pastry brush, brush this butter mixture generously over the top of the rolls for a nice shiny glaze.
Bake the sliders in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tops are golden brown.
When the timer goes off, remove from the oven and serve these delicious cranberry ham and cheese sliders warm on their own or with other dishes like smoked mac and cheese with bacon, loaded bbq chicken totchos, and smoked bacon-wrapped pickles.
- Dijon mustard: Mix a spoonful of Dijon mustard into the cranberry sauce for a more complex flavor.
- Turkey: Substitute the ham with deli turkey for lighter but still flavorful sliders. You can also use your leftover Thanksgiving turkey to make some quick and easy turkey sliders.
- Different cheese: Swap out the provolone for Swiss cheese or Havarti cheese for a sweet, slightly nutty flavor.
- Powdered sugar: For more of sweet holiday feel, finish with a dusting of powdered sugar on the top of the buns.
How to store these cranberry ham sliders
While these sliders are best served fresh and hot, you can still enjoy leftovers the next day. Wrap the sliders in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store them in an airtight container to make sure they stay moist and delicious. Then pop them in the fridge for up to three days.
To reheat, place the leftover sliders in a preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Feel free to brush some butter mixture again to make the tops extra crispy.Print
- 1 pack Kings Hawaiian original sweet rolls
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 1/2 lb ham
- 12 slices of provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)
- Cut your Hawaiian Rolls lengthwise down the middle to separate. Add 6 slices of provolone cheese to the bottom of the rolls, then cranberry sauce, followed by ham and the rest of the cheese.
- Place the top of the rolls on and mix melted butter and brown sugar together. Brush brown sugar butter on top of the buns.
- Place sliders in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted and the tops of the buns are golden brown.
- Remove sliders rom the oven , cut them into individual sliders and serve. You can also dust them with powdered sugar if desired. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Keywords: Cranberry ham and cheese sliders, ham and cheese sliders with cranberry, ham and cheese sliders, leftover ham and cheese sliders