Layers of juicy chicken, crispy bacon, creamy ranch and melted mozzarella all wrapped in a delicious buttery crust. This is what makes my chicken bacon ranch Stromboli so delicious. More than that, this is a simple recipe that anyone make a home. Trust me you won’t be disappointed!
Why you need to make this recipe:
Its easy: I’ve created short cuts for you by using store bought pizza dough and rotisserie chicken. Save time on prep and get right to the recipe.
It’s delicious: The combination of chicken, bacon, ranch and mozzarella cheese is flavorful and hits the spot every single time. This one won’t disappoint.
Ingredients you need to make chicken bacon ranch Stromboli:
Store bought pizza dough
Shredded mozzarella cheese
Ranch dressing (Try my homemade buttermilk ranch)
Fresh chopped parlsey
How to make chicken bacon ranch Stromboli:
First shred or chop 2 cups of rotisserie chicken and set aside. If you already have some leftover chicken from last nights dinner this is also a good way to incorporate it into a new dish.
Also dice a half package of bacon and fry until crispy. Place the bacon on paper towels over a plate to soak up the excess grease.
I like to use the pre-made pizza crust in a can or if you can find it, get the already made pizza dough from the bakery and roll it out.
Place the pizza dough on a 9 x 11 baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Then start adding your filling.
I brush on a nice layer of ranch dressing, with some minced garlic on top of that. Make sure to leave a 1 inch border around the edges.
Then I add a layer of chicken, crispy bacon and shredded mozzarella cheese.
Add a little melted butter to the edges of the dough and roll into a log leaving the seam on the bottom. Also tuck the ends underneath. Then score the top of the dough every few inches with a knife and brush on some melted butter mixed with garlic paste and chopped parsley.
I place the Stromboli on the baking sheet right into my pellet smoker at 400°F for about 15-25 minutes or until the dough is deep golden brown and cooked through. You can do this in your oven as well with the same settings. Check it after 15 minutes and continue to monitor until cooked through.
Serving the Stromboli
Once the Stromboli is done cooking, I allow it to cool down for a few minutes and then cut 1-2 inch thick pieces to serve. Its great with some homemade ranch or marinara to dip in. Hope you enjoy!Print
- 1 can thin crust refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/4 cup of ranch dressing
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 pound diced cooked bacon
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parlsey
- Extra ranch or marinara sauce for dipping (optional)
- Prepare ingredients by shredding rotisserie chicken and frying up bacon in a pan on medium heat until crispy. Drain excess grease from bacon and set aside.
- Preheat your smoker or oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Open the can of pizza dough and stretch it thin and even on the parchment paper.
- Spread some ranch dressing on the dough leaving about a 1 inch border around the edge. Then add minced garlic on top. Sprinkle a layer of chicken, then bacon, and shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the dough.
- Brush on melted butter to edges of dough. Then starting on one side, carefully roll the dough up using the parchment paper to help roll if needed. Slide the Stromboli to the middle of the parchment paper and so that the seam is on the bottom. Stretch and tuck the ends under the Stromboli.
- Cut several slits into the top of the crust every 2 inches. Then brush the entire Stromboli with a mix of melted butter, garlic paste and chopped parsley.
- Cook for 15-25 minutes or until deep golden brown. Slice and serve warm with extra ranch or marinara for dipping.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes