The new Chick-fil-a honey pepper pimento chicken sandwich is all the craze right now so I had to see if I could make it at home! My recipe includes grilled chicken thighs and home made pimento cheese which is so good! The jalapeño peppers and the pimento cheese with honey work perfectly together and that grilled chicken is tender and juicy. This is everything you would want in a sandwich!
Seasoning and grilling chicken thighs
I prefer using chicken thighs over breast because they have a higher fat content. That results in more flavor and tenderness. I go thighs all day, everyday.
I season the chicken with my easy smoked chicken dry rub seasoning but you can use an all purpose rub or bbq seasoning if you have one you like!
Drizzle a little olive oil on each chicken thigh and season them well. Grill the chicken over direct heat, flipping back and forth until you have a beautiful char and they are cooked all the way through. The internal temperature of the thighs should be at least 165°F for safe eating.
Homemade pimento cheese
Making homemade pimento cheese is really easy and so much better than the store bought stuff. In a bowl combine mayonnaise, cream cheese, pimento, cheddar cheese, onion powder, garlic powder, and black pepper. Then mix well to combine. Refrigerate until you are ready to use.
Homemade honey pepper pimento chicken sandwich
Once the chicken is grilled and the pimento cheese is made its time to assemble your sandwich. I add some shredded lettuce to the bottom of my brioche bun followed by 4-5 pickled jalapeños, 1 chicken thigh, a big scoop of pimento cheese and a generous drizzle of honey. Press the top but down and smush the cheese so it spreads across the sandwich. Take a big bite and enjoy your hard work in this delicious and satisfying sandwich.
Love a good sandwich? Check out these recipes!Print
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons of chicken rub or all purpose bbq rub
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 brioche buns
- 8–10 pickled jalapeños
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ozs jarred pimentos
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ozs softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Coat chicken thighs with olive oil and season with chicken rub or all purpose bbq rub.
- Grill chicken thighs on medium high heat, flipping back and forth until cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Make pimento cheese by combining all ingredients together and mixing.
- Toast brioche buns if desired and build the sandwich with a layer of shredded lettuce, followed by 4-5 pickled jalapeños, 1 grilled chicken thigh, a big spoonful of pimento cheese, and a drizzle of honey.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
Keywords: honey pepper pimento chicken sandwich, chicken sandwich, grilled chicken sandwich, chic fil a copy cat recipe, pimento chicken sandwich