I can’t get enough of these candied bacon crackers. Buttery crackers topped with cream cheese, thick cut bacon, jalapeño, and a sweet bbq seasoning make these irresistible.
Not too long ago I shared my candied bacon crackers recipe on social media and it went viral! I had so many positive comments and also some suggestions. One of the biggest was to add cream cheese before the bacon for that sweet and spicy bite. With this recipe I made it happen and I’m so glad I did. This version might be better than the original!
Adding cream cheese and hot honey.
The addition of cream cheese just adds another level of flavor and texture to this already awesome appetizer. You can use regular cream cheese or switch it up and try a flavored one like strawberry! The balance of sweet and spicy are so good and for me I love drizzling on some hot honey.
The great thing about this recipe is you can mix and match different ingredients to make them how you like.
Don’t like spicy? Remove the jalapeño, use a thinner slice, or try pickled jalapeños. They tend to have less heat.
Don’t have a smoker? The oven works great or try it in your air fryer to get that bacon extra crispy. Use the same temp and time as the smoker but just keep an eye on em.
Try it cold: I like to eat them warm but you could also smear some room temp cream cheese on the cracker, a slice of precooked bacon and then add a fresh jalapeño with some honey. No need to heat them up as long as the bacon is cooked. It’s great this way too.Print
- 30 club crackers
- 1 pack of thick cut bacon cut into thirds
- 2 jalapeños sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons sweet bbq rub or use brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 16 oz cream cheese (Cold)
- Lay club crackers onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Using cold cream cheese, cut thin slices and carefully top each cracker with the cream cheese.
- Season each piece of cream cheese lightly with a sweet bbq rub or brown sugar.
- Then top each piece of cream cheese with a piece of bacon and a thinly sliced jalapeno. Season again with bbq seasoning or brown sugar.
- Place crackers onto your smoker or in your oven at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until the bacon is cooked through and to your preferred doneness.
- Remove the crackers from smoker or oven and drizzle with honey on top.
- Allow the cracker to sit out for 5 minutes to firm up as it cools. Best served while still warm.