If you’re a fan of buffalo chicken wings, you are going to love these Smoked Buffalo Style Pork Spare Ribs. These are individual ribs that have been smoked, then tossed in buffalo sauce for one amazing bite! They come out tender, juicy, and have a great heat level thats not too overpowering. Plus they take much less time than doing an entire rack of pork ribs.
Ingredients you will need
1 rack of spare ribs (Cut into individual pieces)
Separating the individual ribs
To separate I start with the ribs meat side up and trim away any excess silver skin or fat.
Then I flip the rack of ribs over so I can see how each bone is running and cut through them individually. You could remove the membrane from the back but I don’t think its necessary.
Seasoning the ribs
Place the ribs into a large bowl and drizzle on some olive oil. This will act as a binder and help the seasoning stick to the meat. Then add your favorite bbq seasoning and toss the ribs in the bowl until everything is well covered.
Smoking the ribs
For best results we recommend the use of the Ninja WoodFire oven. This oven is so versatile and not only can I smoke the ribs but I can also roast them towards the end of the cook to make sure they are nice and crispy on the outside.
I place the ribs onto a rack and into the Ninja WoodFire oven on the smoke setting for about an hour.
Then I change the setting to speciality roast and continue cooking until the internal temperature of the ribs reach an internal temperature of 205°F. If you are looking to buy one for yourself check them out here and use my promo code CUE10 to save 10% through August 30th.
Of course if you don’t have a Ninja WoodFire oven you can still smoke the ribs in your smoker at 250°F until the internal temperature reaches 205°F. They will cook much faster separated so keep that in mind.
Making the buffalo sauce
To make the sauce simply combine buffalo sauce, melted butter and garlic paste together. Whisk it together in a small bowl and you are all ready to go.
Saucing the ribs
After the ribs have been cooked through place them back into a bowl and toss with your buffalo sauce mix. It’s that easy!
Serving the smoked Buffalo style pork spare ribs
To serve the ribs I stack them on top of each other and drizzle on a little ranch or blue cheese and garnish with some parsley just to make everything come together. Make sure you have extra napkins or paper towels handy. These are a little messy but so worth it! Just be careful, make these once and you may never make buffalo wings again.
Sides to serve:Print
- 1 rack of pork spare ribs
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of bbq rub
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon parsley (Optional garnish)
- 1/4 cup ranch or blue cheese (Optional)
- Remove any excess fat or silver skin from the meat side of the pork spare ribs.
- Flip the spare ribs over and locate each individual bone and cut through to separate.
- Place spare ribs into a bowl, drizzle olive oil and add bbq seasoning. Mix well to combine.
- Place spare ribs onto your smoker at 250°F and until they reach an internal temp of 205°F. If using the Ninja WoodFire oven use the speciality roast setting after 1 hour of smoking and cook through.
- Make buffalo sauce by combing buffalo sauce, melted butter, and garlic paste. Then toss ribs in a bowl with the sauce.
- To serve, plate ribs on top of each other, drizzle on some ranch or blue cheese (If preferred) and garnish with parsley.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Smoking
- Cuisine: BBQ
Keywords: buffalo style spare ribs, buffalo spare ribs, smoked spare ribs with buffalo sauce, smoked Buffalo style pork spare ribs