Smokey, creamy, with just the right amount of spice. Buffalo chicken dip is low carb and I can’t get over how easy it is to make.
Buffalo chicken dip is a must have for every occasion. If you’ve never made this before, what are you waiting for!? I make this dip for parties, get togethers and anytime I want a quick appetizer. The best part is you can put all of the ingredients into 1 cast iron pan and pop it into your oven to warm everything up. That’s my kind of meal.
Making the buffalo chicken dip
For this recipe you can use canned chicken, rotisserie or grilled. I like to use chicken thighs. I grill them until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F and then chop them up. The flavor you get from the grill takes the dip to another level but if you are in a hurry or don’t have a grill I think a great option is rotisserie chicken.
After the chicken is prepped, place all of the ingredients into a medium cast iron pan. Add the softened cream cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning, buffalo sauce, shredded cheese and chopped chicken right into the pan and mix together until well combined.
Don’t forget to save a little bit of the shredded cheese and sprinkle on top of the dip to form a crust. Then place the cast iron pan into your smoker or oven at 350°F for 20 minutes. The dip should be warm and the cheese melted all the way through.
To finish, crumble up crispy bacon and sprinkle that on top along with sliced green onions for a pop of color. Serve with crackers, celery, pretzels or tortilla chips. This dip is a classic and one you’ll make over and over again!
If you like this recipe try our Grilled Buffalo Wings.Print
- 1 8oz softened block of cream cheese
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- 2 cups chopped grill chicken
- 2 pieces chopped crispy bacon (optional)
- 1 green onion (optional
- Season and grill your chicken thighs until they are 165°F internal
- Once the chicken is done, chop it up and set aside
- In a 12 inch cast iron pan add the softened cream cheese, ranch seasoning, buffalo sauce, sour cream, Colby jack cheese and chopped chicken.
- Stir together in a pan and smooth, then cover with more shredded cheese on top
- Place the cast iron pan into your smoker or oven at 350°F for 20 minutes
- Remove cast iron pan from the heat and add crumbled bacon and sliced green onions
- Serve with chips, celery, crackers or anything you’d like. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 Mins
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Buffalo chicken, Dip