- 1 lb extra thick cut bacon
- 1 package of smoked sausage or kielbasa
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Hot sauce (Optional)
- Cut sausage into 1 inch thick pieces.
- Take a strip of thick cut bacon and wrap around each piece of sausage. (Depending on the length of bacon, you may only need half or 3/4 of a piece) Make sure the bacon is wrapped tight and overlapped so the egg mixture does not leak. Then secure with a toothpick by inserting it through the bacon and sausage to hold everything in place.
- Mix together 2 eggs and the shredded cheddar cheese. You can season the eggs with salt and pepper if you want. The egg mixture needs to be thick instead of runny so it does not leak out of the pig shots. A few may leak a little which is ok and normal.
- Place pig shots onto a foiled line baking tray and into your smoker or just place each pig shot onto your grill grates. Smoke at 350°F for up to an hour or until the bacon is crispy and the filling is puffy and golden brown.
- Remove the pig shots from the smoker and finish with an optional dab of hot sauce on each one or just eat as is!
- If you don’t have a smoker, try these in the air fryer as they work great!
- Try using different flavors of bacon to switch it up (Maple, hickory smoked, cherry smoked, etc)
- If the filling starts to leak out from the pig shot have extra on hand to fill them back up. As the egg cooks in the smoker it will stiffen up and you can add more filling as needed.
- Experiment with different toppings like diced jalapeños, chives, or maple syrup.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Smoking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Breakfast pig shots, pig shots, breakfast, smoked breakfast pig shots, smoked pig shots, pig shot breakfast bites