For the chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces of Baby Bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon white cooking wine
- 8 slices of crispy bacon
- 2 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (Optional garnish)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
For the honey mustard
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Prepare the honey mustard marinade in a mixing bowl by combining the dijon mustard, mayonnaise, honey and lemon juice. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade to brush on the chicken later and for dipping.
- Place the chicken in a zip lock bag and pour the honey mustard into the bag. Shake until the chicken is well coated. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Once the chicken is marinaded, preheat the grill to medium heat or 350°F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill them for 6-8 minutes on each side depending on their thickness. The chicken is done when it reaches an internal temp of 165°F.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Cook the mushrooms with a splash of white wine until most of the liquid has released and evaporated. Set aside.
- Cook the bacon in the same skillet until crispy and remove.
- Just before the chicken is cooked through brush on some honey mustard, then add mushrooms, bacon and shredded cheese on each one. Close the lid of the grill to allow the cheese to melt for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the Alice Springs Chicken immediately and garnish with some fresh chopped parsley. Make sure to add extra honey mustard on the side for dipping.
- You can use any type of cheese that you like such as Swiss, cheddar or pepper jack
- If you don’t have a grill, cook the chicken in a large skillet on your stove top or bake in the oven at 350°F.
- Baby Bella mushrooms are more flavorful and my preferred choice but feel free to sub with white mushrooms as well.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American